iGPU passthrough

Bestbeast

Jul 29, 2016
Hello guys,

I currently want to passthrough my intel graphics 4600 to my VM, and it works fine, with a very old driver of it, which is limiting me a bit in some aspects.
But new driver seems to return me error code 43, and searching on the net, it seems this code means, that the graphics detects it is on a VM, and it dissables itself as of it not being supported. So I saw the way to solve this was passing vbios to that VM, but I am not able to find any rom file of this igpu.

Can anyone help me finding it?

Kind regards

Error code 43 just means "generic error" without any more information. NVIDIA specifically uses it to also indicate VM detection, but we have a workaround included for that in PVE.

I.e. the issue is not the VM detection, and passing a VBIOS will (probably) not help - I've never heard of anyone doing that on an iGPU. How did you install the new driver? Which driver version works, and which one doesn't?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!