I can see the client machine from a virtual machine but i cannot do the opposite.

nmarmon

Jun 28, 2018
Hi,
I do not know if this is the place to ask it. I have a virtual machine with ip 192.168.1.231 defined in Proxmox. Proxmox is in a host with the ip 192.168.1.4. And then I have a physical machine in which I pretend to do a ping the virtual machine on the host, which has the ip 192.168.1.81. If I do a ping from the virtual machine to the client, I get an answer, but not one if i do it in the reverse way.

Why do I want to do this? Because I want to connect to the virtual machine (where i have installed a windows 10 home) by virt-viewer (in the client machine I have a linuxmint with that package already installed). The fact is that this rejects me the possibility of connecting to the desktop of the virtual machine.

At the time, I enabled the SPICE protocol in the virtual machine, and when I select that protocol in the console, it selects virt-viewer to open it, and it works. But I do not want that, I want to access the remote desktop of the virtual machine by opening virt-viewer from the menu of the client machine. And I do not know how to configure it correctly.

To finish, I think the problem is that both the virtual machine and the client machine cannot see each other. If someone knows how to configure proxmox for it or knows another way to do it, I would appreciate it if you share it, thanks.

Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!