HTML5 console viewer.

yaro014

Dec 27, 2012
Hey Guys, do you have any plans of ditching java for html5 console viewer ? It's going to be more pain now when chromium builds don't support java any more so console will not work on maxhton, new opera, and others based on chromium.

Hey Guys, do you have any plans of ditching java for html5 console viewer?

no

It's going to be more pain now when chromium builds don't support java any more so console will not work on maxhton, new opera, and others based on chromium.

I guess someone will implement a working java plugin.

hmm. I guess is time to move to oVirt.

there are two working consoles on Proxmox VE.

If you are on Windows OS:
- Java works with Chrome, Firefox, IE11
- Spice works

If you are on Linux:
- Java (icedtea and Oracle Java) works with Firefox (and older chromium based)
- Spice works

If you are on OSX:
- Firefox with Oracle Java works

the current issue is a an issue from Chrome and/or Oracle - not an Proxmox VE fault and not a real problem. Moving away because of this sounds strange to me.

the current issue is a an issue from Chrome and/or Oracle - not an Proxmox VE fault and not a real problem. Moving away because of this sounds strange to me.

somehow, I guess that could be just a reaction to the "style" of the answer he got.
But I could be wrong.

btw, I know spice has an experimental html5 client (http://www.spice-space.org/page/Html5), and I remember some posts about this...

Marco

yes, there is a html5 spice viewer but nothing what we call stable and useable. but we have this one on our radar.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!