how to use nat for additional ips in proxmox

behnam

Jul 29, 2017
Hi all. I have two VPSs as load balancers. I want to achieve high-availability by using keepalived. (I have two public IPs.) I need 3 private IPs and two public IPs.
for example:
LB1: 192.168.1.105
LB2: 192.168.1.106
Floating IP:192.168.1.110

The problem is that I do not know how to set one public ip (xxx.xxx.xxx.238) for proxmox itself, and the other one (xxx.xxx.xxx.249) as additional IP in order to be nat on Floating IP. I maen I want to use the ip address (xxx.xxx.xxx.238) for proxmox control panel and the ip address (xxx.xxx.xxx.249) as an external IP which is nat on 192.168.1.110. What is the right network configuration for such infrastructure on proxmox host and VMs?
Thanks in advanced.

Best do the setup for the public IP xxx.249 on your VMs (keepalived), so NAT would not be necessary. And keep your xxx.238 on the vmbr0 to access the proxmox interface.

Honestly all guidance s on the internet for high available load balancing are for private ip addresses! If I want to use my public ip address as you said, I think I need at least 3 public ip address in addition to the proxmox interface. am I right? If there is another way, may you please provide me the right network configurations for proxmox and the VMs?
Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!