[SOLVED] How to use disks from old Proxmox-installation (ZFS)

Jambo Bambo

Oct 18, 2018
I ran into an issue with my USB-stick installation and was not able to boot from the stick anymore, so I made a new installation of Proxmox into a 32gb ssd-drive and was able to import my old ZFS into this setup using the 'zpool import <name>'-command .

Now however I am unable to mount the old disk files into my new VMs. I can see the disk files in the GUI (Storage view -> name of storage -> content), but they won't show up in the VM-menu:

pm1.JPG

I can only see unused disk from the ones created on this installation of proxmox:
pm2.JPG

Not able to select it from the Unused Disk 0 through edit:
pm3.JPG

Is there a way to mount the existing raw-images to a new VM?

Last edited:
edit the unused disk to add it in the vm

I tried to do this, but the drop down menu only shows the disk that was created on this instance of Proxmox. So I am not able to select the vm-100-disk-1, that I would like to attach.

a disk with name 'vm-100-disk-1' can only be added the vm with id '100'

Reactions: Jambo Bambo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!