How to remove nag screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimmings

Nov 5, 2012
There is a lot I like about what's going on here. A stable package feed available as a purchasable option (from 50 euro a year, this is good too), with the free users being more the guinea pigs for new stuff. There's got to be enough pull here with this as an option not to begin to cripple the free version with nagware.

The nag screen is annoying when you don't care about stable packages for a dev/test machine, or even a noncritical machine so does anyone have the howto to disable this? That is, an option switch in a file or something would be ideal. It would be best in fact if the developers allowed the software to have this built in to allow us to disable it if we decide rather than asking users (we aren't developers, we are potential customers) to 'recompile it'. Some users don't care, and the nag screen is fine to remind users to support development and to buy the software for use in commercial situations. Some users have production boxes and dev boxes, the dev/test boxes shouldn't have annoying nags like this.

I'm afraid with things like this creeping in this system is going to look very much like shareware/randomware to people trialling the software, and the risk is (god forbid) a fork of proxmox may eventually be the result.

I had a strong emotional reaction to the nag screen myself. I find it difficult to both put into words and to justify. In any event, a one time pop-up wouldn't have bothered me as much I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!