How to make a window size novnc independent of the screen resolution of vm

faq4272

Jan 3, 2018
Hello.
How do I tell noVNC not resize a window to the VM resolution?
Why does the usual interface size in the "console" adjust for free space depending on the open, and as soon as I open the console in a separate window, its size is bound to the resolution specified in the VM?
On the 11"-13" laptop is very uncomfortable because the windows do not fit in the screen size in height, but constantly make fullscreen in the novnc window itself for a very long time.
It is also impossible to click the fullscreen button on the browser window itself, since after clicking the window it is minimized back to the size of the VM resolution.

How to make the same external console the same as the internal one?

2018-01-04_00-42-36.png 2018-01-04_00-43-16.png 2018-01-04_00-43-49.png 2018-01-04_00-44-26.png

Last edited:
this is not possible at the moment but you could file a feature request here: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/
That's for sure? Because it seems to me that after a fresh installation of version 5.0, I had the opportunity to expand the window to the full screen. It seems like it happened after one of the updates or some kind of my manipulations in the process of studying proxmox.

the logic is currently that if we are running inside the integrated console, the resize mode is to expand, and when in a popup we resize the window to the console size, this is not configurable from the client side,
but i see no reason why there could not be a toggle for the popup (to choose either window resize or console resize)

edit:

what you can do for now is to add '&resize=scale' to the popup url, which we do in the integrated console, but i meant a more user-friendly toggle would also be nice and worthy a feature request :)

but i see no reason why there could not be a toggle for the popup (to choose either window resize or console resize)
Exactly, but it does not work (see the video).

Thanks for "&resize=scale", how do I now get the popup window to work the same as the window I opened manually?

Exactly, but it does not work (see the video).
because there is no toggle for this implemented yet

Thanks for "&resize=scale", how do I now get the popup window to work the same as the window I opened manually?
at the moment you cannot, so please go ahead and open a feature request so that we can easily track this (then you also get a mail when this will be fixed)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!