How to import qcow2 from oher hdd

simpsonetti

Sep 29, 2018
Hi there,
i want to try out PVE in order to look if its for our School.
So here at my home i installed PVE. Its installed on a ssd with 250Gb. There are 2 Other HDD, one with 500Gb an the other one with 2Tb. on this 2 Tb there are some "old" qcow2 image from my opensuse qemu/kvm VM. One of these i want to import.
I mounted the HDD but how could i import now the image? I crate i new VM and thought to use the image in this VM but there is no option.
So how to deal with it.
Thanks and regards Sebastian

Place your image on pve with scp, rsync... after you can import it with "qm import" For example:
Code:
qm importdisk <vmid> yourimage.qcow2 namestoragepool

Place your image on pve with scp, rsync... after you can import it with "qm import" For example:
Code:
qm importdisk <vmid> yourimage.qcow2 namestoragepool
Yeah, i tried to copy my qcow2 file but its to big.
there is a "local-lvm (pvc)" but where is it on my ssd? maybe this will work. the file is in container about 500Gb big, my pve-root only 60Gb. So i want it to use on my extra hd....

Mount the place where you qcow2 is stored with nfs on your pvehost, then import it on your pool.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!