How to deal with false negatives?

fomox

Aug 23, 2006
We have been using Proxmox as a mail gateway for our company since last week. Today some users ask me about some spams that weren't blocked or marked as a spam. Currently, we block spam level >= 10 and mark spam spams level >=5. So, how can we improve Proxmox spam engine to detect these spams?

TIA,
Fernando.

fomox said:
We have been using Proxmox as a mail gateway for our company since last week. Today some users ask me about some spams that weren't blocked or marked as a spam. Currently, we block spam level >= 10 and mark spam spams level >=5. So, how can we improve Proxmox spam engine to detect these spams?

TIA,
Fernando.

Hi Fernando,

Please note, Proxmox has a lot of autolearn features, so after processing several thousand emails the recognition will get better and better. You can use now spamlevel 3 instead of 5 - I suggest to use the quarantine, so you do not loose messages.

additonal, you can set these options:
- reject unknown senders
- unknown clients

see admin guide chapter 5.3.2 Mail Proxy/Options.

upcoming features concerning spam detection in the next release:

- improved spam rules (especially for spam with images)
- razor network support (better bulk mail recocgnition)

martin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!