How to connect HPE MSA 2042 SAN Storage to ProxMox Cluster of 5 nodes

Mani

Sep 20, 2016
We have HPE MSA 2042 SAN Storage box with FC connectivity to ProxMox 5 node cluster. There are various storage methods are explained here, https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage (Like Directory, NFS, GlusterFS, LVM, LVM-thin, iSCSI/kernel, Ceph/RBD, ZFS over iSCSI)

We want to know, How do we connect this HPE MSA 2042 SAN Storage to ProxMox clusters.

We plan to use this setup to provide high availability VMs to our end users. We have around 14TB usable space now, planning for 3 LUNs.

Kindly suggest a method to connect with HPE MSA 2042 SAN Storage ?

You guys are pathetic in support. We have even paid for the support, We have not received good support.

We have asked a simple question about setting up HA infra.

We have gone with VMware setup, Which works out much cheaper and better.

Please do not delete my comments, it will be wake up call for other who want to waste their time in ProxMox

You guys are pathetic in support. We have even paid for the support, We have not received good support.

We have asked a simple question about setting up HA infra.

Hi,
what answer do you expect? If I see right all nessesary answers are written:

FC - mean connect to all nodes with FC-HBAs

Use LVM as storage backend.

This config work well on many clusters. LVM has some disadvantages (no snapshots) but work well.

And this infos has nothing to do if you paid, or not. I assume you don't paid for an consultant? Or?

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!