How to configrue firewall

Killbrum

Oct 26, 2014
Good day! I'm newbie here and I'm newbie in Linux administration too. But I hope what somebody will find few minutes to answer my question.
I read manual from wiki page but I still have some question.

Needed rules was created. Firewall was enabled on host at all and on needed VM. But in host shell I see:

Thats why I think all my rules doesn't work at all. What should I do to start firewall? Thanks!

Hey,
;( Then you had set wrong firewall rules.
Do you have TeamViewer or something comparable, so I can assist you directly?

Hey,
just send me a PM with your ID and password. If you want to, you can add me on Skype for further questions. But i don't want to disclose my nick to the public,
so I will tell you in a TeamViewer session.

Hey,
In proxmox VE you have different "layers" of rules.

If you set rules in the Datacenter tab, the rules would apply to all nodes (hostsystems).
If you set rules on a node, they would only apply to this node.
For different VMs/OpenVZ containers, you need to set rules for each CT/VM.

So, if you want, that the proxmox panel is globally available, you just enable the firewall in the datacenter tab and set INPUT Policy to ACCEPT.
Then you can go into the VM tab and set the INPUT policy to DROP.
Now, all incoming packets to this VM would be dropped, expect them you have rules for.

Make sure, to check the firewall checkbox at the network configuration at a VM (Network Device).

Regards
Henry

Help! All ports are blocked from accessing the server. I turned on the firewall but did not change the DROP to ACCEPT

What to do now?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!