How to change postmaster email?

lttabdul

Jun 8, 2020
Hello all,

Firstly, this is the first time I use PMG I am not good with Postfix or the CLI. I would like to change the postmaster email from using the "postmaster@hostname.domain.com" to "postmaster@domain.com"

I tried to follow this guide but the commands did not work,

https://dhenandi.com/change-postmaster-address-to-domain-on-proxmox-mail-gateway/

When entering this command:

postconf | grep myorigin
append_at_myorigin = yes
myorigin = $myhostname

I get bash: append_at_myorigin = yes command not found

What is the method of doing it?

Thanks.

Follow as below.
Make sure your $mydomain is domain.com. To confirm double check your /etc/hosts.

How to change it? Proxmox Mail Gateway lock the configuration. You can’t edit directly your /etc/postfix/main.cf. It will be changed to default when you restart the services.

You need a template configuration for main.cf on /var/lib/pmg/templates/. Copy it to /etc/pmg/templates. But first, you need to create the directory.

mkdir -p /etc/pmg/templates
cp /var/lib/pmg/templates/main.cf.in /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in

And you can add this configuration to /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in. And restart the services

echo 'myorigin = $mydomain' >> /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in
pmgconfig sync

Well done, after this step. You did it. Try to trigger a mail to make notifications.

Reactions: lttabdul

append_at_myorigin = yes

There is your issue: It's no bash command, it must be changed within the relevant config file ;) Read the article with more care...

Reactions: lttabdul
There is your issue: It's no bash command, it must be changed within the relevant config file ;) Read the article with more care...
Hello all,

Firstly, this is the first time I use PMG I am not good with Postfix or the CLI. I would like to change the postmaster email from using the "postmaster@hostname.domain.com" to "postmaster@domain.com"

I tried to follow this guide but the commands did not work,

https://dhenandi.com/change-postmaster-address-to-domain-on-proxmox-mail-gateway/

postconf | grep myorigin
append_at_myorigin = yes
myorigin = $myhostname

What is the method of doing it?

Thanks.

Thank you! Working. Is there a way to verify emails? I am using www.mailtester.com to verify emails.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 93
Double check all valid email can come in as normal and non valid email is being blocked.

how do I do that?

Do you mean all valid email able to receive and block all non valid email after enable verify receivers?

Never mind I have found out the solution.

It was to point the PMG IP as the relay and set it in relay.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!