how to add shared Storage to windows VMs

Azunai

Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone,
i have 1 Disk where proxmox is installed on and another Raid 1 mounted as /data on the host
I'd like to give my 2 windows VMs read &write access to that raid / a folder on it.
I'v read a few articles on sharing disks beween VMS, though it seems like there are various solutions and i realy dont know what would be a good one for my scenario?

You could manually (CLI) install a SMB server on your host and share a folder on your Raid1 that way. So your VMs could access the folders as a network share.

You could manually (CLI) install a SMB server on your host and share a folder on your Raid1 that way. So your VMs could access the folders as a network share.
Do you know if there is some proxmox magic that makes this harder than i thought?

i installed a samba server with this config
Code:
[global]
workgroup = smb
security = user
map to guest = Bad Password
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo vmbr0

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browsable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0750

[public]
path = /data/storage/
public = yes
writable = yes
comment = smb share
printable = no
guest ok = yes

vmbr0 is the is a NAT setup with ip 10.10.10.1
VMS do have 10.10.10.2 + 3

though from within my VM i can not access the share via that IP, what am i missing?
proxmox firewall settings are default

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!