How do you control the firewall flag in the network settings of containers?

Skyrider

May 11, 2020
So after some struggling, I recently noticed that there's a firewall flag at the network settings of containers. Can't seem to be controlled by the host/node firewall ports that is being allowed. At least, I think so. Because if I attempt to allow specific ports (in this case 80/443),curling the subdomain inside a container from another container on the same host shows a timeout. Same with LFS GIT, issue with cloning.

11:58:23.892095 trace git-lfs: tq: enqueue retry #1 after 0.25s for "7680e3bb3730a9491dd729fc13150cf8c8e4c245c8b574d04c211fecd2bdf8a4" (size: 6144): batch response: Post "https://subdomain/teamname/repo.git/info/lfs/objects/batch": dial tcp containerip:443: i/o timeout

80/443 all works, as the (sub)domains work without issue. But the container seems to be having issues reaching (sub)domains. But when I disable the network firewall flag, all works just fine. I'm quite puzzled at this. The subdomain is set in cloudflare, but I disabled its proxy for git purposes. I'd appreciate the help on this matter.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!