How do I get my Mail Server to use the Proxmox Gateway?

May 21, 2018
I am running a small mail sevrer within my Homelab and am looking at using the Proxmox Gateway. My question is what do I need to do on the server to get it to use the gateway. Or do I need to chnage ports on my router to use the gateway?

Don't understand what you plan to do. So if you want your home mail server been reached after filtering the mails with PMG, you just need to setup PMG to fetch the mails on port 25 and then need to add your domains and set the destination server to your home mail server. If you want to route outgoing mail through PMG, you need to set up on your home mail server, that outgoing mails should go through PMG on port 26 and let PMG do the mail job. If you install the gateway outside your home lab, you need to direct the MX to PMG and then to your home server, take sure, that your home server only accept mail from PMG, otherwise some spammers will directly still deliver spam to you.

Reactions: DerDanilo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!