How do I create a "readonly" user?

Faye

Jan 2, 2012
I've managed to create a user, I've made them part of a group but I can't see how to give that group a role or privileges. pveum somehow?

I think I want to make them a PVEAuditor, is that right?... but how?

Last edited:
the user management is currently under heavy development, so you can expect a working user management system with one of the upcoming beta updates, will be announced here - thanks for patience.

OK, so not easily then, how about pulling the graphs and exposing them via a different web interface? Where are the graphs generated?

if you have a new question, open a new thread, but as always, search the forum for answers.

the user management is currently under heavy development, so you can expect a working user management system with one of the upcoming beta updates, will be announced here - thanks for patience.

It means that pveum can't be used yet ?
In "pveum aclmod" what is the idea behind Access control path ?
How to add a new permission for a Group "Auditor" to all VM with role PVEAuditor ? Something like :

pveum aclmod PVEAuditor -groups Auditor

But "path" is missing. Help please :)

Best

For me it was already documented in pveum man page. But understood.
I will wait for one "upcoming beta release". These user management features look great. I'm eager to test them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!