How can I upgrade to latest version of 6.1? (Now that 6.2 is out)

Nov 2, 2019
Hi, I've been a lazy system administrator for my little Proxmox install. I upgraded to 6.1 back in February and haven't been keeping up with updates. 6.2 is out now - but I like to let things soak a bit before upgrading. Is it possible for me to somehow upgrade to the latest version of 6.1 packages for now?

i.e. can I somehow travel back in time to the day before 6.2 release and do a `dist-upgrade` then?

Cheers!

t.lamprecht

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jul 28, 2015
South Tyrol/Italy
shop.maurer-it.com
Is it possible for me to somehow upgrade to the latest version of 6.1 packages for now?
Technically yes, you can upgrade to a specific version, but you'd need to do some specific version requests/pinning and it will quickly get a PITA due to package interdependencies, so if you're not well versed with Debian package management, dependency conflict resolving, etc...I'd suggest to avoid that.

We're doing rolling releases anyway, and you should frequently update, best when you get the mail notification about new package updates available. The 6.x versions are point releases which mostly summarize the last updates plus a few new ones plus a new ISO release - so if you upgraded in February the jump to 6.2 now isn't that big.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!