Hourly Spam Report

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by D.P., Dec 14, 2017.

1. D.P.

D.P. Member

Hi!
    Is this posible to send more often spam reports?
    Currently this is one message per day but my users need receive information about blocked message
    in few minutes or one hour.

Regards,
    Darek

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Simply modify the subject (add SPAM prefix and deliver the mails instead of moving them to quarantine..,.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. D.P.

D.P. Member

Thank you for your tip.
    I forgot about rules.

4. Nhoague

Nhoague Member

We are investigating the PMG and so far all is well, except you have to tell me there MUST be a way to get a report more than once / day. We have used systems like MXForce and Fusemail that make it possible for users to get a report at least every 3 hours. This is the only deal breaker we have to purchasing a full clustered license for PMG! How can I modify the cron or something to make this happen? Thank you!

Add: I found the PMGQM command, but what options can I use with it?

USAGE: pmgqm <COMMAND> [ARGS] [OPTIONS]

pmgqm purge [OPTIONS]

pmgqm send [OPTIONS]

pmgqm status [OPTIONS]

Edit: I found in the online documentation the OPTIONS for potential usage. Now I can set CRON to any value and send automatically. So disregard this, kinda :)

#4 Nhoague, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  5. Walhalla

Walhalla Member

Hi,
    same question here - but in the manual I only found:

"10.6. pmgqm - Quarantine Management Toolkit
    Toolkit to manage spam an virus quarantine, and send spam report mails."

what doesnt help. So: where did you find this info or whats the command for the cron-job?

Would be great if one could choose how often / when the reports will be send because some people cant wait 23:59 hours to wait for this information and will be complaining that they didnt get a "very, very important" email.

Thanks!

Walhalla

6. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

1. User can always log in the quarantine web interface. Via an old daily report ticket link or via LDAP (if you have this configured)
    2. And you can just mark spam.
    A "daily report" is sent daily, otherwise we have to call "every three hour report".

So just configure it to your needs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Walhalla

Walhalla Member

Hi and thanks so far - even if it is no solution ;)

ad 1. Most of them will delete this email. And who knows this? I have to inform all the users that they can do it this way? So it is no "onetime"-link? Everybody who has / gets this link will be able to login in this users queue for everytime without authentification??? So, every user could save a bookmark to (t)his quarantine? Ups ...

ad 2. Yes. Up from 4 to 10 we mark as spam only. >10 it will be moved to quarantine.

ad 3. Would be great if one could choose if he wants (for example) daily / 3 hours / 6 hours / hourly .... or even better "every x hours". Could be generated a cron-job ... done ;) Unfortunately I cant configure nothing regarding this ;)

Thanks Walhalla

8. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

All this is up to you. Just configure LDAP, so all users can login everytime with their existing login credentials. What do you miss?

Please file an enhancement request via https://bugzilla.proxmox.com or just configure manually cronjobs.

9. Nhoague

Nhoague Member

Sorry for the delay: If you look at the online help within PMG 5, then look under the section for Proxmox Mail Gateway Manual Pages you'll see the help section for pmgqm. That has a bunch of different options for sending quarantines. While I don't see a option to specify a time range, you could always just have it send every 3 hours, and your users would see (potentially) the same report every 3 hours, depending on new spams in their quarantine.

10. ednt

ednt New Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

I had the same problem (pm gw V5.0-69)
    Solution is a cronjob:

0 8-18 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/pmgqm send

Every hour between 8am and 6pm from monday to friday.
    And if the spam section is empty you get no mail.

Bernd

ihtxam likes this.
  11. D.P.

D.P. Member

Thanks for your advise.
    In version 4 it is:

0 8-17 * * 1-5 root /usr/bin/proxspamreport -y -p > /dev/null 2>&1

12. dthompson

dthompson Member

Is there any particular way to only send this out for an individual domain and not for all domains?

I.E. send to only example.com every 1 hour but not to example2.com and example3.com and so forth?

13. ednt

ednt New Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

Hi,

according to the man page:
    you can only specify a single address as option using --receiver
    But you can try if a wildcard is allowed: *@uvw.xyz

Bernd

14. dthompson

dthompson Member

Thanks for the idea. I tried that and it fails out. Its not a bid deal, but it would be nice if the developers would allow for domain by doing mail options, but its probably not high on their list of things to do.

15. ihtxam

ihtxam New Member

Can you please post complete command to run in SSH. I am sorry i am not expert and dont know how to run cron job. thank you so mcuh for replying soon.

16. ednt

ednt New Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

The command at the console ist simply:

pmgqm send

maybe:

pmgqm send --receiver test@test.test

Bernd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice