hotplug cpu (cores)

argonius

Renowned Member
Jan 17, 2012
hi,

in proxmox 2.2 there was a command cpu_set
in pve 2.3 i didn't find them anymore.

however, the command was not working but will there be the possibility to hotplug cpu(cores) w/o rebooting in the near future?

thanks,
argonius

hi,

in proxmox 2.2 there was a command cpu_set
in pve 2.3 i didn't find them anymore.

however, the command was not working but will there be the possibility to hotplug cpu(cores) w/o rebooting in the near future?

thanks,
argonius

cpu_set has never work correctly.
a new cpu-add command has been added to qemu 1.5
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/CPUHotplug

So yes, it should come soon in proxmox, when qemu will be updated. (currently proxmox use qemu 1.4).

Note that unplug is not yet supported, cpu-add is a temporary workaround, because qemu dev need to implement this is a cleaner way, with device_add/device_del commands. (see qemu wiki)

cpu_set has never work correctly.
a new cpu-add command has been added to qemu 1.5
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/CPUHotplug

So yes, it should come soon in proxmox, when qemu will be updated. (currently proxmox use qemu 1.4).

Note that unplug is not yet supported, cpu-add is a temporary workaround, because qemu dev need to implement this is a cleaner way, with device_add/device_del commands. (see qemu wiki)

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Do you have an eta when qemu 1.5 will be deployed into proxmox? is there a way, to get this by myself?

thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!