host xx said 450.4.7.1 helo command rejected

VUSAL M. DADASHOV

Mar 19, 2018
Hi dear forum and I'm new here. I heard about PROXMOX recently, literally a few days aho, and it has a mail gateway solution. So I decided to apply it to my infrastructure. Actually it works well but I have a few question that I cant find answer @ admin guide

in Administration> Queries > Deferred mail I have a lot of mails. They all have been "postponed". All mails are addressed to a different domains, but all of them have a single IP address when I nslookup it. Seems it is mail hosting provider: many mail domains under the same IP (mx.mail.gov.az is hostname).

All mails deferred with the same reason : host mx.mail.gov.az said 450.4.7.1. Helo command rejected. Host not found (ij reply to RCPT TO command)

So How to fix

Some domains perform DNS checks against the sending MTA to verify its identity. My sending MTA host name differs from the name listed on my public MX records ... so they might reject the connection.

And ... how do I change hostname

After changing hostname for PROXMOX, when I send mail into my infrastructure from gmail (any other domain)

Remote Server returned '554 5.4.6 < #5.4.6 X-Proxmox; mail for 10.10.10.139:25 loops back to myself>'

I don't mean to be annoying but it seems you need to read your way into mailing standards before you implement something in production.
We can help you with PMG but this is not the right place to learn about standards.

There are many good tutorials out there that will summarize most important points.
Check them out and then approach your problems again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!