Host don´t boot after creating a Win8/2012 guest

L2x2

Jan 30, 2015
Hello...

We have only one guest (Windows 2012 Server), which i have migrated from VMware guest. The guest was running the whole day very closely, so i activated the auto-start option.
After restarting the host hangs during the boot process with the message "Waiting for vmbr0 to get ready (MAXWAIT 2 seconds)."

The web interface and console is not accessible.

I tried to boot with a Knoppix-CD, but i failed to mount the system disk.

How can I fix it anyway?

Last edited:
Re: Host don´t boot afer setting autostart-option in guest

It seems its not to be a problem of autostart...

I have re-installed Proxmox and create an empty VM with select OS-option "Microsoft Windows 8/2012 (win8)".

Beyond booting the host stops again at the "Waiting for vmbr0 to get ready (MAXWAIT is 2 seconds)." message.

I have a 4 nodes in a cluster and have seen this when quorum is not successful

Wed Jan 14 08:12:36 2015: Waiting for quorum... [ OK ]

bootlog might be of some help.

now I have again completely relaunched and installed as guest a Windows Server 2008R2.
2008 is in the moment enough for us...

The boot log is a good tip, but how do I get access when the host hangs on boot?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!