[SOLVED] Host bonded network woes...

windswept321

May 6, 2009
HI everyone,
I'm having issues with a bond which was working a few days ago with the following settings:

/etc/network/interfaces:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp6s0f0 inet manual

iface enp6s0f1 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
    bond-slaves enp6s0f0 enp6s0f1
    bond-miimon 100
    bond-mode 802.3ad

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.0.200
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.0.1
    bridge-ports bond0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

Something went very wrong with it and I ended up having to reinstall, which seems to have fixed something in that the switch recognises the bond again. However, after an initially working single interface setup, when restoring the network configuration (with the new interface names) I cannot reach the server via SSH and the server cannot reach the internet.

Is there some issue with the above configuration?
The switch is a Nortel 5520-48t-pwr which was working ok with the same configuration before.

Further info below - auto config, new config, switch config and various info. Apologies for the screenshots, I cannot copy and paste from the KVM:dmesg.png switch config contd....png switch config contd.png switch config for server.png new config.png ip a result.png working auto config.png working auto config.png ip a result.png dmesg.png switch config contd....png switch config contd.png switch config for server.png new config.png ip a result.png working auto config.png

Doh. Glad I took the screenshots - bond interface not referenced in vmbr0 config.
No idea what caused the issue prior to reinstall though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!