(Hopefully) Quick question about roles.

Noah

Sep 10, 2018
Is it possible to make a role that only allows the user to see the summery tab for the data center, and cluster nodes but do/see nothing else? I want to give a user the ability to see how much the resources are being used and then give them permissions else where (Ive got this part figured out) to allow him to migrate his own VM if he sees things are getting congested on that node. It seams like node.audit and datastore.audit does the trick but I think it gives too much control for what I want to the user.

You can restrict the path so you see only the wanted settings.

You can restrict the path so you see only the wanted settings.

I read through the wiki you posted earlier on the section about paths and I also looked into the API documentation to get more info on paths but I am still having issues...

I tried clicking on datacenter, then permissions, and adding a user permission rule for the path /nodes/Rasputin(name of the node)/status. I selected my user from the drop-down menu, but as for the role I'm not sure what to put. Ive tried a sys.Audit role that I made and the Administrator role. Nether one works to allow the status page.

Maybe I'm wrong and the path isn't /status but even if it is another path when I try any path under that node for example /nodes/Rasputin/dns with Administrator role it still doesn't let me modify the DNS settings AND I have access to modify the network adaptors?? (That isn't just because DNS is a network thing, I have access to the network adaptors when I allowed access to /nodes/Rasputin/status with the sys.audit role earlier)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!