High Availability with HP V1910-48G Managed Switch - Fencing

Hello everybody!

I try to find a solution, to get my HP V1910 managed switch to run with my three nodes with Promox VE 3.4.
Does anyone successfully configurates a managed switch?
I have problems with this command:

root@pve1:~# fence_ifmib -o list -c fencing -a 192.168.X.XX -n switch
ERROR:root:Returned 1: Timeout: No Response from 192.168.X.XX:161

ERROR:root:please use '-h' for usage

I have created a community on the switch called "fencing". But why i get these error?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards,

Roman

Hello everybody!

I try to find a solution, to get my HP V1910 managed switch to run with my three nodes with Promox VE 3.4.
Does anyone successfully configurates a managed switch?
I have problems with this command:

root@pve1:~# fence_ifmib -o list -c fencing -a 192.168.X.XX -n switch
ERROR:root:Returned 1: Timeout: No Response from 192.168.X.XX:161

ERROR:root:please use '-h' for usage

I have created a community on the switch called "fencing". But why i get these error?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards,

Roman

Based off of "ERROR:root:Returned 1: Timeout: No Response from 192.168.X.XX:161" it seems like a network issue. Looks like it has been done before.

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/16605-Fencing-with-HP-switch-1910

Hi adamb and mir,

thanks for your answers. I´ve already read that, but now i found my mistake. I used v3 and not v2c like at the wiki proxmox.

Now my cluster.conf works, thanks a lot!

Is it possible to set two or more ports (e.g. 8, 9 and 10) with the action=off command at the cluster.conf, like "<device action="off" name="switch01" port="8,9,10"/> ??

Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!