Help recovering access to Proxmox host server currently showing network unreacheable

alenguav

Oct 15, 2014
A maintenance guy made an unclean shutdown to out Proxmox 3.3 server and now it seems that the file system turned readonly.
As a result the VMs are not starting and also can´t access network from the hosts.
Also can´t change the network settings from command line, because when I try to change the file /etc/network/interfaces
I get a read only error message. The same happens if I try to create a new blank file named /etc/network/interfaces.new

I can´t even ping the default gateway as you can see in the attached pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5xyjvasv9e7q3l3/AAAFhMIEetC-3Ut_7fognp4ya

Re: Help recovering access to Proxmox host server currently showing network unreachea

I tried the command mount -o remount /
and while it seems that now I can write into files, I don´t know what to do next.

Re: Help recovering access to Proxmox host server currently showing network unreachea

I finally gave up on this and reinstalled the host again.
Fortunatelly I didn´t lost much information as the server was quite new.
However this is forcing me to take measures to avoid this problem in the future.
Can anybody suggest me any links for start reading?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!