Helo command rejected

Brad Jacobs

May 14, 2018
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to white list email from a certain IP. This is the reason it is getting rejected:-

Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

I would preferably not want to turn off SMTP HELO checks for all domains.

Oh, sorry, I whitelisted the synology on another system, where the synology delivers the mail via SMTP auth and I added in the helo checks permit_sasl_authenticated in front of all the rejects. Maybe this will also work on PMG. Once if you do SASL Auth or if you set a permit with link to a permit file of permitted helo strings and add synology.

You need to do in main.cf.in in the templates (look in the documentation on how to copy and then sync them) e.g.
smtpd_helo_restrictions you need to do
check_helo_access type:table
in this table you need to set the synology hostname and OK

However, it's better to use permit_sasl_authenticated and to let the synology auth itself

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!