HA migrations failing (exit code: 255). Likely NFS share issue.

wintertims

Dec 15, 2019
Hello,

Recently I've renamed and modified the file path of an NFS share on my FreeNAS that my 4 hosts look at for ISO's. Recently, two of the VM's on one host migrated to another and are having an issue migrating back to the original host. I want to believe this is because of the NFS modifications. The host tries to migrate back to the original host every 10 seconds, but aborts every time. I've also tried unlocking and migrating the VM's manually, but I ran into issues. I've also tried seeing if there were some lines I could modify in /etc/fstab, but I couldn't find the NFS path/target in there.

I have tried to edit the original NFS share on the storage tab in the PVE GUI, but I am not able to modify the `Export` property of the NFS share. I've also added a new NFS share in the mean time that has the new file path to the NFS share.

Should I delete the NFS share with the old and invalid path/target? Let me know what you think.

Should I delete the NFS share with the old and invalid path/target? Let me know what you think.

The renamed share has the same content, or?
Simplest thing then would be to delete the one with the invalid path and recreate it with the same name and updated exports.

Alternatively, you can also edit /etc/pve/storage.cfg, that's where Proxmox VEs storage definitions are saved. There you could just change the export path directly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!