Guest sound and upgrade : VM don't start

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by dominique.fournier, Mar 4, 2013.

1. dominique.fournier

dominique.fournier New Member

Hi

I was adding the sound in my VM by adding the line : "args: -soundhw all" in /etc/pve/nodes/proxmox-bureau/qemu-server/105.conf file.

Today I do the upgrade, and the VM doesn't restart :
    /usr/bin/kvm -id 105 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/105.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/105.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/105.pid -daemonize -name vigie -smp 'sockets=1,cores=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on' -vga cirrus -k en-us -m 1024 -soundhw all -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -drive 'if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=native' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200' -drive 'file=/dev/pve/vm-105-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'virtio-blk-pci,drive=drive-virtio0,id=virtio0,bus=pci.0,addr=0xa,bootindex=100' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap105i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,vhost=on' -device 'virtio-net-pci,mac=4A:D1:E9:53:82:EB,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300'
    kvm: -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3: PCI: slot 3 function 0 not available for virtio-balloon-pci, in use by AC97
    kvm: -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3: Device 'virtio-balloon-pci' could not be initialized

How can I solve this ?

Thanks a lot !

2. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

post your VMID.conf, your pveversion -v and the the output of 'qm start 105'

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dominique.fournier

If I disable ballooning, it works : "balloon: 0" in conf. But it is not perfect...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Tom, I don't see your post :
    VMID.conf :
    pveversion -v :
    qm start 105 :

4. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

you should post your settings, then I can tell you what you need to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dominique.fournier

Cross-posting. See my previous post. Thanks !

6. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

I can confirm the issue, we will dig deeper.

7. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Does it work if you use something like:

args: -device AC97,addr=0x18

8. dominique.fournier

Yes ! Well done !

Thanks a lot.

Dom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice