[SOLVED] guest emails sent by host IP address

Ashian

Sep 24, 2017
Hello,
I have a server on Hetzner datacenter and config one server using Proxmox 5. ( debian ) I define a vmbr network adapter on host machine, and create a windows guest, using a dedicated IP address ( Bridge mode )
All work fine.
but today I notice that in header of emails sent by email server I have on guest machine , IP address of host machine set as Sender IP.
I can't understand why, Would you please help me to how can I investigate and fine the misconfiguration?

Best regards
Mehdi

please post more informations....
/etc/network/interfaces
routing table
iptables rules.
IP Forwarding active?
Short howto....
setup your Host like this
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface lo inet6 loopback

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
    address  Public-Host-IP
    netmask  your-netmask
    gateway  your-gw
    pointopoint your-gw
    up route add -net IPv4-Host-IP netmask your-netmask gw your-gw dev eno1
    post-up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.up.rules

iface eno1 inet6 static
    address  IPv6-Host-IP::2
    netmask  64
    gateway  fe80::1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  IPv4-Host-IP
    netmask  255.255.255.0
    bridge_ports none
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0
    up ip route add 2nd-IPv4-Public-IP/32 dev vmbr0

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
    address  IPv6-Host-IP::2
    netmask  64
    pre-up /sbin/modprobe -q ipv6 ; /bin/true
    up ip -6 route add IPv6-Host-IP::2/64 dev eth0
    up ip -6 route add IPv6-subnet::/64 dev vmbr0

In your windows VM use the vmbr0 and setup a static IP with your second public IP inside the windows os.

If you dont have a second public IP and use a private ip, so its all correctly cause the thats a masquerading to your public IP ...

Thank you for your reply.
I setup proxmox base on how to I find here ( wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Proxmox_VE/en#Network_configuration_KVM.2FBridged)
I try to send details you asked and during this checking I find the problem. I added a second network adapter which is setup as NAT to windows guest. and because of this mistake windows os also has host IP.
by removing second network adapter the problem solved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!