Groupwise and Proxmox

ofh

Jan 6, 2006
:D
Hi.
Just want to know if someone know how to setup groupwise and Proxmox.

Thats all :)

Best regards
Ole

hi,

The smtp communication should be always the same, regardless groupwise or exchange or notes or linux mailserver.

to debug smtp port configuration you can use

telnet "hostname/Ip" 25 (or 26)

to check if its working.
please check the adminguide(-Support --Documentation) on our website for configuration issues.
Best regards, Michael Pilz

Thanks for quick reply.
But I still can't understand why the smtp communication always should be the same.
I wil try to explain my problem.
I am recieving mail on port 25 at our firewall (gateway).
I have to point to a SMTP server for delivering the smtp post.
Normaly I point to my mail server (Groupwise on LAN).
But if I want to use PROXMOX, I have to deliver the smtp to PROXMOX instead.
The Proxmox must act as a Relay to my old mail-server,
and if the proxmox should act as an outbound smtp scanner I have to setup groupwise to deliver smtp outbound mail to proxmox.

The Last thing I can't figure out (on groupwise)!!!

That's all
Hope you understand.
Best regards
Ole Friis
Denmark

Hi Ole
According to your message, I understand that you want to use the default configuration of the Proxmox Mail Gateway, Incoming Mail via Port 25
outgoing Mail via Port 26. I did't find(google) clear solutions how to tell Goupwise to use Port 26 for outbound mails. But i think it can be done.
We are no Groupwise Experts maybe it's better to ask Groupwise questions to Novell.
If it is not possible to change the outgoing Port you have to switch these two values (25 and 26). In the end you have to use port 25 for outgoing and port 26 for incoming mails.
To receive e-mails you have to do port forwarding at your firewall. So that you’re external IP and Port 25 shows to the Proxmox Mail Gateway IP and port 26.
Best regards, Michael Pilz

ofh said:
Thanks for quick reply.
But I still can't understand why the smtp communication always should be the same.
I wil try to explain my problem.
I am recieving mail on port 25 at our firewall (gateway).
I have to point to a SMTP server for delivering the smtp post.
Normaly I point to my mail server (Groupwise on LAN).
But if I want to use PROXMOX, I have to deliver the smtp to PROXMOX instead.
The Proxmox must act as a Relay to my old mail-server,
and if the proxmox should act as an outbound smtp scanner I have to setup groupwise to deliver smtp outbound mail to proxmox.

The Last thing I can't figure out (on groupwise)!!!

That's all
Hope you understand.
Best regards
Ole Friis
Denmark

thanks for reply

Thanks for reply
Have been on vacation.
I wil try that

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!