GET vncwebsocket doesnt seem to work

jort

Nov 24, 2016
no matter how or what i pass i always get NULL back or the error property is missing and is not optional while i did pass it.

im using javascript to generate a curl command curl -X GET -k -b pveAuthcookie= (ticket gotten from access.ticket) proxmoxserver:8006/api2/json/nodes/node/qemu/vmid/vncwebsocket

from here i have tried several things, passing it as DATA even tho HTTP.GET cannot carry data
i have tried the pvesh -port port -vncticket ticket
and i have tried adding it to the url using

?port=5900&vncticket=ticket gotten from vncproxy

what im trying to accomplish is that when someone clicks a link on my website it opens a tab with a noVNC client thats connected to my proxmox server

https://proxmoxserverip:8006/?console=kvm&novnc=1&vmid=100&vmname=undefined&node=proxmoxTestbak

when i open this it spits out a 401 error unless i open the web GUI first, i would like to login straight away via the API without the user noticing

this is what happens if i copy the curl command to my own terminal, it seems that it runs a second get command which doesnt take the second parameter i passed with the command. if i specify the port first it doesnt detect the ticket if i specify the ticket first it doesnt detect the port.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-02-07 14:24:08.png
    Screenshot from 2017-02-07 14:24:08.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 54

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!