General question on FC HBA

silbro

Aug 30, 2014
Hi everyone

I'm sorry that I'm asking this question in this forum, but I don't know where else I could get a answer to my question.

I'm a newbie to FC HBA but we just got many servers from our clients that won't be used anymore. I wanted to build a SAN with 3 proxmox nodes. My questions are:

1) Does anyone know if I can use a LSI 9261-8i card with FC HBA?
2) Could for example QLOGIC QLE2460 Dell PF323 also work with HP Servers? Or is QLOGIC the brand and PF233 is just the description Dell uses? Because I saw these cards being supported bei HP as well...
3) The idea is to use 3 Pro Liant DL 160 G6 with each 1 QLOGIC QLE2460 directly attached to the storage (which will have a quad FC HBA, for example Qlogic QLE2464 Quad) and the storage will run Openfiler. Does Proxmox support such a setup?

I tried to get the information from HP, LSI and qlogic manuals. I just didn't get my answers. If you can give me info on where I can find compatibility info, I'll of course go and search there. Thanks for any hints and tips :)

sincerely

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!