FcbInfo

Renowned Member
Dec 21, 2012
Well.

I need to assume.

When I started with the Proxmox the first think of that make me unlike it, is the Debian and I have posted here a lot of times: "Why not CentOS instead of Debian"?

But there is no way. We need to use Debian and now with learning a little things about Debian I see that is much better than CentOS.

Some simple things make the Debian better, but when I start, I hate it, but now I LOVE IT.

Example:

1)
CentOS: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, eth1, eth1:1, ....
Debian: /etc/network/interfaces (and you have all interfaces in one file).

It's good, but when I start, I hate it. And now I Love it! To much easy!

2)
On CentOS if do you want to install something, a lot of times you need to add some repositories but on Debian, everything that I wants to install is always in the apt-get.

It's very good, you have almost every thing in the world only with apt-get!

3)
CentOS netinstall, you always need to find a mirror and insert the address of http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.5/os/.....
Debian is automatic, you don't need to do it!

I believe for every day that I need to use Debian, I like it more. I will discover more things for sure!

=)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!