FreeNAS NFS share shows zero disk space available on my cluster

Matthias Looss

Jun 30, 2016
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I am a fairly new PROXMOX and I have so far managed to create a 4 node cluster. Ran into a problem here and there, but reading through this forum was very helpful kept me going, until now.

We just purchased a FreeNAS miniXL and will use it for backups via NFS. I am able to create the NFS storage in my data center, but it shows up with zero disk space, when it should show at least 20 TiB, which is the size shown on the dataset in FreeNAS. I have searched for answer but found none, so it is time to ask for help on this issue. When I mount this NFS on my laptop, it lists 24 TB as available.

I am running Proxmox Virtual Environment 4.2-17/e1400248 and I also purchased the basic support subscriptions, but before using up one of my limited support requests I wanted to see if someone can help.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Well, once again I figured it out. PROXMOX root user does not have write access to the NFS share unless you use the Maproot User option in FreeNAS to map it to root. You need to go to the Advanced tab to see this option on FreeNAS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!