Forward port range

msd

Sep 12, 2015
Hello Proxmox,

I have a scenario when I need to forward the range of ports from outside world to Proxmox virtual machine (for example from 5000 to 5050) and now I need to forward ports, one by one.

Is it possible to forward a range of ports to Proxmox VM without forwarding one by one?

One more question is, every time when I add another forward rule, Proxmox create new file interfaces.new and this is ok, but can I apply changes from new file to Proxmox without restarting host, because there are more that one VM and I need to stop another process for restarting Proxmox to apply all forward changes :)

Thanks for the help and support in the advance...

I have a scenario when I need to forward the range of ports from outside world to Proxmox virtual machine (for example from 5000 to 5050) and now I need to forward ports, one by one.

Is it possible to forward a range of ports to Proxmox VM without forwarding one by one?

Unfortunately not possible (in Linux iptables command)
One more question is, every time when I add another forward rule, Proxmox create new file interfaces.new and this is ok, but can I apply changes from new file to Proxmox without restarting host, because there are more that one VM and I need to stop another process for restarting Proxmox to apply all forward changes :)

Not recommended since there are a dependencies between network and vm configuration.

On your own risk you can make the same changes you did via GUI temporarily by using "ifconfig" respectively "ip addr" and other commands.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!