Force Autologout ( Remote session (X2go) + Browser)

Jan 21, 2016
Germany
www.pug.org
hi,

I have the problem, that need to explicit logout or close the tab, to close the session. If I have forgotten it, than the session is still login, after hours/days for ever.
Is there way to force a logout, after X seconds when nobody clicks on the site?

cu denny

hi,

what exactly is the use case for this? you still have to login to your x2go session, so it is as safe as the x2go login?
also, if we would implement a timeout, you still would be vulnerable (to what exactly?) if someone logs in while you are logged in?

hi,

it is a requirement from PCI, like the frontend from a firewall. The reason could, if you leave your computer and forgot to logout, anyone could do things (also accidentally) . Yes, that it is my fault ... but it is usefull in some scenaries.
Is it so complicated, to bring a timeout into the webinterface ? :) It would be great to a have a timeout :)

cu denny

mhmm ok,

a timeout in general is not that difficult, what is hard is how to determine "idle" behaviour, we continuously make api requests in the background, and checking if you click/move over something would be much work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!