Firmware version..

marotori

Jun 17, 2009
Hello,

Is it possible to use an earlier firmware version on proxomox 2.0?

There is a serious compatability issue with the lsi raid controller's on the current version.

Rob

do you have more details about this issue?

Sadly.. yes :)

I have managed to 'stabilize' the system through various tweaks...

But nothing sorts it once and for all.

To give an idea... just an rsync to migrate a machine will bring the server to it's knees!

It is really quite a major problem!

Consider... pretty much most supermicros.. lsi megaraid. Dell Perc... Lsi megaraid!

This needs to be fixed :(

I feel your pain

I was an early adopter of Areca 1880 cards that had some firmware bugs and cooling issues (they redesigned the heat sinks to fix that)
To make matters worse, at the same time, I also had over 100 WD RE3 disks that also had firmware bugs.
Between the two we were dealing with locked up servers and failed disks randomly for a few months.

Hope you find a solution soon.

so...

I have gone through every tunable setting possible.. comparing to the previous 1.X series kernels.

Nothing works. Without fail.. high io.. and the system stalls.

What is strange... you would think the disks would be thrashing - but the dont! They are realatively idle, yet the OS is behaving like they are flat out!

My next test is to force an earlier kernel into the system - see if that works!!

Rob

So.. I have found a solution :)

I wiped the machine - installed proxmox 1.9 & kernel 2.6.18-6-pve

Not a single io lockout since doing this!

I have tuned and tweaked like crazy... Nothing makes the problem go away.

I am now convinced that the issue is sources in a wired driver/card/drive combination.

Changing the drives to a different make helps - but not perfect.

I have sent logs off to lsi. Hopefully they can make some suggestions!

How can I get your patch to test?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!