Failed waiting for client: failed to lookup address information: Name or service not known

• Thread starter Deleted member 33567
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33567

Hi,

In all years of using Proxmox this is first time when none of the servers work the SHELL, either to machines or main nodes, please note that no changes were made prior to this or to cause this. Week ago all consoles worked fine, no upgrades were made in between and then suddenly this:

Task viewer: Shell

failed waiting for client: failed to lookup address information: Name or service not known TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/n01-sxb-pve01 --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 1

that does look like a DNS issue.. does 'localhost' resolve properly on this node? could you include 'pveversion -v'?

We never had this issue up to this latest versions:

Here is our hosts file.

#51.91.75.100 n02-sxb-pve01 n02-sxb-pve01

172.17.1.1 n01-sxb-pve01 n01-sxb-pve01
172.17.1.2 n02-sxb-pve01 n02-sxb-pve01
172.17.1.3 n03-sxb-pve01 n03-sxb-pve01

At the moment I cannot login to server to provide pveversion -v while none of the console works. And login is allowed from internal ips so I use IPMI login.

1602863565914.png
I noticed that there is issues with IPv6 replies to normal ping.

so you use only ipv4, but localhost only resolves to ::1 ? sounds like your network setup is broken..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!