Extrange cpu lxc

Bestbeast

Jul 29, 2016
Hello,

I am new and running new proxmox 4.2 and I have created a lxc container with 1 cpu limit, but when I get in this vps and run htop I see that the cores I have available are 12 :/ which are all of the complete machine.
Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks

We restrict the performance, not the number of CPUs. So while you still see 12 CPUs, you only get the performance of 2 CPUs.

We restrict the performance, not the number of CPUs. So while you still see 12 CPUs, you only get the performance of 2 CPUs.
Yes, but that for clients that usually used kvm and openvz is now a bit extrange, as well as if I assign more ram than the server has, it goes into swap :/

So? There is no solution for the ram problem either?
And at this point it is supposed that proxmox 4 is better than proxmox3?

So? There is no solution for the ram problem either?
And at this point it is supposed that proxmox 4 is better than proxmox3?

we rely on the feature set of the Linux Kernel and LXC.

if you can´t live with these shortcomings, take a deeper look on KVM/Qemu.

we rely on the feature set of the Linux Kernel and LXC.

if you can´t live with these shortcomings, take a deeper look on KVM/Qemu.
The problem is that I do not understand why updating a product to a worse version of it, when having openvz was perfect for this type of virtualization...

The problem is that I do not understand why updating a product to a worse version of it, when having openvz was perfect for this type of virtualization...

because OpenVZ is not available anymore (development is stopped in favor of virtuozzo) and LXC is the best replacement.

Ask again: is there any solution for the ram problem I just posted before?

the thread is about CPU. if you have further questions - as always - use the search function of the forum, if you do not find an answer open a new thread with a clear topic.

because OpenVZ is not available anymore (development is stopped in favor of virtuozzo) and LXC is the best replacement.
And with the cpu is there not anything I can do to limit the number or cores it appear on the top or htop?

you got already the answer to your question. (in the first reply)

the answer does not change if you ask again and again.

you got already the answer to your question. (in the first reply)

the answer does not change if you ask again and again.
I know that with proxmox this can not be done, what I am asking is if there is any possibility to do it in terminal or editing some config files :/

i'm on your side, but you are here on the wrong address.... it's not an proxmox problem - it's an lxcfs problem, so (i think) they must fix it
I will search then on that side, what you found any information about this? if it is going to be fixed soon or something?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!