External esata drive

Chow

Apr 28, 2008
Hi, I want to add an esata drive to my host in order to make backups of some vps-es. Will the Proxmox recognize esata cards by default?

Hi, I want to add an esata drive to my host in order to make backups of some vps-es. Will the Proxmox recognize esata cards by default?

I see no difference on the host if you connect esata or sata.

Explain, I'm a bit confused ;) . The current server has no external esata port so I have to add a card to add port(s). My only worry is if this card will be recognized by default.

Explain, I'm a bit confused ;) . The current server has no external esata port so I have to add a card to add port(s). My only worry is if this card will be recognized by default.

Ask the seller of the card if there are special drivers needed.

Ask the seller of the card if there are special drivers needed.

Proxmox is Debian based right?? Need to do some research than.. Unless another user already did this thing and knows which card is working ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!