Exisiting backups from VE 1.8 / NFS not visible in VE 2.0

C

clart

Solved: Existing backups from VE 1.8 / NFS not visible in VE 2.0

Hello all,

I have an existing PVE 1.8 two node cluster with scheduled backups to a Freenas 8 NFS share.
All works fine and the backups are visible on the share.

Now I want to move to PVE 2.0, I set up a separate system and added the Freenas NFS share to it.
My thinking was to restore the backups to the new VE 2.0 system and run them there temporary whilst I take the cluster offline and install VE 2.0.
However, I fell at the first hurdle because the backups do not show up when looking at the NFS share from VE 2.0.
I have tried setting the share with all the different content types to no avail, the content listing shows nothing and the 'Restore' and 'Remove' options are greyed out.
I am a bit of a newb and maybe missing something obvious, but I just cannot see it.

Can anyone advise what the problem may be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I went into the console on Freenas and looked at the share.
I saw there was already a subdir named 'dump', also subdirs for all the other content types I tried.
It seems PVE 2.0 creates the dir on the share when setting it up and specifying the content type.
I linked all the backup files into the 'dump' subdir, went back to PVE 2.0 gui, listed the contents and now they are all there.
I tried restore on a windows client vm backup, it completed and started ok.
Problem solved - many thanks.

One small niggle, the VE 2.0 summary shows the notes which were entered on the original vm in VE 1.8.
I would like to edit the notes but cannot see any method to do so.
How can I edit the notes shown in the vm summary in VE 2.0 ?

hehe - missed the flaming obvious !
that works a treat.
many thanks for the quick response.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!