Excellent Results: 7 machines upgraded to 5.0

RedneckBob

Renowned Member
Dec 22, 2014
Austin, Tejas
Was thinking I was insane for going with 5.0 rather than waiting on 5.1, but the upgrade process was smooth enough on two test machines that I decided to upgrade the remaining machines. Took the time to run regular proxmox backups and take ZFS snapshots. The upgrade went much smoother than I expected given that it upgraded from Debian 8.X to 9.X and added a number of new features. No need to restore and no major issues at all, really.

In total 5 machines with subscriptions and 2 without subscriptions, plus the 2 test machines where I experimented. Followed the instructions, to the last detail, located here:
I want to thank everyone at Proxmox for all their hard work, I know reading this forum would lead one to believe that Proxmox is nothing but buggy, but I've found it rock solid minus a few hiccups here and there but most importantly, I have not lost any data (knock on wood). Well except for that one "zfs destroy -r" command that ran wild, but hey, that was my fault.

- RB

Reactions: dcsapak
I can confirm your experience.
In the past, using a .0 Release in Production was always a no go for me. And a lot of sysadmins I know Share this philosophy.

For some reason we Upgraded our Test Server Farm to 5.0 and we were surprised how mature this Release is. In the meantime we are in the process of upgrading our whole Servers in production.

Pretty good Job - Thank you.

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!