Errors When I Launch Proxmox

Skeledude1

Jul 7, 2021
Hello all,

I'm really new to Proxmox and networking, and I just got this used laptop to teach myself Proxmox and its uses. I'm fairly certain that I installed it correctly as it brings me to the usual command line area where it tells you to connect to the web browser to configure this server. I try to enter in exactly what it tells me but it errors me out saying that the site can't be reached and it took too long to respond. It then starts flooding with error messages that all look relatively similar to one another. The picture shows what the errors are. I'm not sure what these error messages mean or how to fix them. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hello all,

I'm really new to Proxmox and networking, and I just got this used laptop to teach myself Proxmox and its uses. I'm fairly certain that I installed it correctly as it brings me to the usual command line area where it tells you to connect to the web browser to configure this server. I try to enter in exactly what it tells me but it errors me out saying that the site can't be reached and it took too long to respond. It then starts flooding with error messages that all look relatively similar to one another. The picture shows what the errors are. I'm not sure what these error messages mean or how to fix them. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
It is saying the picture is too large to post but the errors say:
AER: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, (Receiver ID)
device [1969:e0b1] error status/mask=00000080/00002000
[ 7] BadDLLP

It's a little different sometimes where sometimes instead of "Reciever ID" it will say "Transmitter ID" or it will say "[12] Timeout" instead of [ 7] BadDLLP

hi,

AER: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, (Receiver ID)
device [1969:e0b1] error status/mask=00000080/00002000
[ 7] BadDLLP
those look like hardware errors, maybe there's some defect on that laptop.

for the networking issue, make sure to
* check your PVE host has network/internet connectivity (can be tested with ping google.com and ping your.router.ip.address and so on)
* ss -anto | grep 8006 to see if the web interface is really running
* check /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces

if you could post the output from your journalctl then it'll be easier to recognize what's wrong, but firstly i'd check those hardware errors :)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!