errors from installing ve2.0 on debian squeeze

kenny1921

Nov 4, 2012
hi guys, im trying to install VE 2 onto a machine that has debian squeeze 6.0.6.

i have followed the tutorial http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Squeeze and have created the custom
partitions ect.

The problems arise when i get to the part that says "a2ensite pve-redirect.conf "

i kept getting an error message saying that pve-redirect.conf does not exist so i did a quick google and seen that i could add the .conf file to /etc/apache2/sites-available so i did using the template provided.
when i restart apache i get an error saying

" invalid command 'Rewrite Engine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.
action 'configtest' failed "

and ofcourse apache doesnt start, though i can access using normal port 80 but not port 8006.
i then added pve.conf to the same directory and filled in the details regarding listening on port 8006 ect.. and it still doesnt work.

i then thort i could pass that step and continue with the installation and then keep getting errors from aptitude install ntp ssh lvm2 postfix ksm-control-demon vprocps where it says that it cannot install because required dependancy is not installed.

please help

hi guys, im trying to install VE 2 onto a machine that has debian squeeze 6.0.6.

i have followed the tutorial http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Squeeze and have created the custom
partitions ect.

The problems arise when i get to the part that says "a2ensite pve-redirect.conf "

i kept getting an error message saying that pve-redirect.conf does not exist so i did a quick google and seen that i could add the .conf file to /etc/apache2/sites-available so i did using the template provided.
when i restart apache i get an error saying

" invalid command 'Rewrite Engine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.
action 'configtest' failed "

and ofcourse apache doesnt start, though i can access using normal port 80 but not port 8006.
i then added pve.conf to the same directory and filled in the details regarding listening on port 8006 ect.. and it still doesnt work.

i then thort i could pass that step and continue with the installation and then keep getting errors from aptitude install ntp ssh lvm2 postfix ksm-control-demon vprocps where it says that it cannot install because required dependancy is not installed.

please help
Hi,
have you load the rewrite-module?
Code:
LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so
this are the modules which are on a pve-installation enabled:
Code:
ls -l mods-enabled/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28  8. Sep 05:57 alias.conf -> ../mods-available/alias.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28  8. Sep 05:57 alias.load -> ../mods-available/alias.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 auth_basic.load -> ../mods-available/auth_basic.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 authn_file.load -> ../mods-available/authn_file.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36  8. Sep 05:57 authz_default.load -> ../mods-available/authz_default.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38  8. Sep 05:57 authz_groupfile.load -> ../mods-available/authz_groupfile.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 authz_host.load -> ../mods-available/authz_host.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 authz_user.load -> ../mods-available/authz_user.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32  8. Sep 05:57 autoindex.conf -> ../mods-available/autoindex.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32  8. Sep 05:57 autoindex.load -> ../mods-available/autoindex.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 cgi.load -> ../mods-available/cgi.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30  8. Sep 05:57 deflate.conf -> ../mods-available/deflate.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30  8. Sep 05:57 deflate.load -> ../mods-available/deflate.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 dir.conf -> ../mods-available/dir.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 dir.load -> ../mods-available/dir.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 env.load -> ../mods-available/env.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27  8. Sep 05:57 mime.conf -> ../mods-available/mime.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27  8. Sep 05:57 mime.load -> ../mods-available/mime.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34  8. Sep 05:57 negotiation.conf -> ../mods-available/negotiation.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34  8. Sep 05:57 negotiation.load -> ../mods-available/negotiation.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27  8. Sep 05:57 perl.load -> ../mods-available/perl.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28  8. Sep 05:57 proxy.conf -> ../mods-available/proxy.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28  8. Sep 05:57 proxy.load -> ../mods-available/proxy.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 reqtimeout.conf -> ../mods-available/reqtimeout.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33  8. Sep 05:57 reqtimeout.load -> ../mods-available/reqtimeout.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30  8. Sep 05:57 rewrite.load -> ../mods-available/rewrite.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31  8. Sep 05:57 setenvif.conf -> ../mods-available/setenvif.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31  8. Sep 05:57 setenvif.load -> ../mods-available/setenvif.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 ssl.conf -> ../mods-available/ssl.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26  8. Sep 05:57 ssl.load -> ../mods-available/ssl.load
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29  8. Sep 05:57 status.conf -> ../mods-available/status.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29  8. Sep 05:57 status.load -> ../mods-available/status.load
Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!