[SOLVED] Error with apt-get update after fresh install of PVE 6.1-3

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
Hello.
I am getting an error with the apt-get update command after installing PVE 6.1-3
I thought it could be a network error, but it seems like my server can communicate with the rest of the network since I can access the Web GUI and SSH into it from another computer.
I am suspecting it could be network related as I didn't have a network cable attached when I installed the system.
Here is the error output.
I have been using non supscription repository and disabled the enterprise respository.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Capture_apt.png

hi,

I am suspecting it could be network related as I didn't have a network cable attached when I installed the system.

that's likely why.

it looks like you're not able to resolve hosts, so check first your dns settings. cat /etc/resolv.conf should tell you the current nameservers (may be empty if there was no connection during install). add/change that

also just to be safe, check the /etc/hosts file. it should have an entry with your IP address (hostname --ip-address should show you the correct IP of the host)

Reactions: Jarvar
I have checked that and did change my DNS setting to point to the correct location.
I've setup the settings the same as another server on the same network.
However, now I get this error when updating.
Is it possible to copy the OS config files or something from an old server to a new server?

Capture_apt1.png

you're missing the public key for the repository.

run: wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg and try again

Reactions: ukro and Jarvar
you're missing the public key for the repository.

run: wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg and try again

Thank you so much. I came across these things last night and I tried entering that in, but it didn't work. I should have figured to try it again after correcting the DNS settings.
Thank you again.

Reactions: ukro
glad your issue was solved!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!