Error regarding "uninitialized value" using PVESH to update Alias value

juiceman84

Jan 27, 2017
Hi Proxmox Devs,

I am currently using the following version of Proxmox:

root@pve1:/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Firewall# pveversion
pve-manager/6.0-5/f8a710d7 (running kernel: 5.0.18-1-pve)

I am in the process of using pvesh to modify an alias and I am getting the following error:

root@pve1:/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Firewall# pvesh set /cluster/firewall/aliases/home --cidr "2.2.2.2"
Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Firewall/Aliases.pm line 233.

Here's the details output of the value:

root@pve1:/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Firewall# pvesh get /cluster/firewall/aliases
┌─────────┬──────────────────────────────────────────┬──────┬─────────┐
│ cidr │ digest │ name │ comment │
├─────────┼──────────────────────────────────────────┼──────┼─────────┤
│ 2.2.2.2 │ eee9c5c182071491dae873f25b683285770fdbab │ home │ │
└─────────┴──────────────────────────────────────────┴──────┴─────────┘

It looks like the change is being made without any issue but the error looks scary and I wanted to report it in case there's some other ramifications included from this message.

Please let me know if you need anymore information to further investigate this.

Thanks!

Looks like we don't check if $param->{rename} is set before calling lc on it even though rename is optional. Nothing to worry about in this case.
Thanks for reporting it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!