[SOLVED] Error on update / pve-efiboot-sync not found

oliwel

Feb 11, 2018
Good Morning,

after getting notified about pending updates I ran "apt update && apt upgrade" and now I am stuck with this

Bash:
Setting up initramfs-tools (0.133+deb10u1) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.133+deb10u1) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.65-1-pve
/etc/initramfs/post-update.d//pve-efiboot-sync: 10: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//pve-efiboot-sync: /usr/sbin/pve-efiboot-tool: not
found
run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//pve-efiboot-sync exited with return code 127
dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
 installed initramfs-tools package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 initramfs-tools
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I run the PMG on top of a PVE Cluster as VM - after commenting the hook script the update works but I am afraid that the machine wont reboot and also I want to understand where the problem comes from. Other threads here referring to PVE recommend purging some older files but none of this tipps was useful for PMG...

The system was upgraded from a 5.x earlier this year and is up to date using the pmg-enterprise channel.

any thoughts?

Oliver

is the 'proxmox-mailgateway' metapackage installed correctly?
Please post the output of:
Code:
pmgversion -v
apt install proxmox-mailgateway

Thanks!

Looks like you got it ;)

Code:
root@pmg:~# pmgversion -v
proxmox-mailgateway: not correctly installed (API: 6.3-4/0e42a95c, running kernel: 5.4.65-1-pve)

After installing the package the hook seems to work.

thx

Oliver

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!