[SOLVED] Error at 100% with installing proxmox ve 5.0

Fruitvlieg

Apr 18, 2017
I'm installing Promox to a brand new Lenovo TS440 ThinkCentre server, configured with RAID1 (LSI 9240-8i).

After run through all the installation steps the installion fails at 100% with the following error:
Installation failed!
The Proxmox VE could not be installed

command ‘chroot /target dpkg –force-confold –configure –a’ failed with exit code 1 at usr/bin/proxinstall line 385.

CTRL + ALT + F2 shows:
Running in chroot: ignoring requests,
invoke-rd.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of try-restart.
Errors were encountered while processing:
postfix
bsd-mailx
pve-manager
proxmox-ve
command ‘chroot /target dpkg –force-confold –configure –a’ failed with exit code 1 at usr/bin/proxinstall line 385.
umount: /target/var/lib.vz: not mounted

Reactions: chrone
The log should contain more details with the exact error message... (you only posted a view lines of the log)

It turned out that the network cable wasn't properly connected. The problem has now been solved and I was able to install Proxmox.

Many thanks for your support and this great product.

Sorry to reactivate this thread, but does that mean the solution is a must-have internet connection while installing??

I had the same error, checked my network cable and it turns out it wasn't connected properly. The issue is fixed for me.

To anyone that comes across this error, please check your physical network connection and try the installation again.

Looks like the hostname could not be set with more than one level subdomain (ie: two.one.domain.com). Proxmox installer stuck at postfix configuration if we use more than one level subdomain. Use either domain or one level of subdomain fix the installer issue (ie. domain.com or www.domain.com)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!