DRBD package installation fails

alexpacio

Dec 5, 2009
Hi,
I'm trying to configure DRBD in my Proxmox 2.0 testing environment but if i try to install it with "aptitude install drbd-utils", i get this message:

Code:
root@cluster01:~# aptitude install drbd-utils
Note: selecting "drbd8-utils" instead of the
      virtual package "drbd-utils"
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  drbd8-utils
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 206 kB of archives. After unpacking 606 kB will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main drbd8-utils amd64 2:8.3.7-2.1 [206 kB]
Fetched 206 kB in 6s (30.7 kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package drbd8-utils.
(Reading database ... 27643 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking drbd8-utils (from .../drbd8-utils_2%3a8.3.7-2.1_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/drbd8-utils_2%3a8.3.7-2.1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/cluster/drbd.sh', which is also in package resource-agents-pve 3.9.2-2
configured to not write apport reports
                                      dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/drbd8-utils_2%3a8.3.7-2.1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:

Code:
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/cluster/drbd.sh', which is also in package resource-agents-pve 3.9.2-2

That looks like a bug in our resource-agents-pve package. Will fix that in the next upload.

I have temporarily solved the problem by copying drbd8-tools deb's contents into their own folders, and so i could get drbd working... Now i have another package installation problem with GFS2...when i try to install gfs2-tools i get this dependency errors:

Code:
root@cluster01:~# apt-get install gfs2-tools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gfs2-tools : Depends: cman but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Code:

That looks like a bug in our resource-agents-pve package. Will fix that in the next upload.

any updates on this? i can't get drbd to install no matter what i try. i even tried to use the following to make my own dep but then i get a "Can no load the drdb module" error.

i get the same error as above (trying to overwrite '/usr/share/cluster/drbd.sh', which is also in package resource-agents-pve 3.9.2-2).

tried this and get can not load the drbd module:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/7059-Update-DRBD-userland-to-8.3.10-to-match-kernel-in-1.9?p=40033

Can you elaborate a bit more on that? I just tried to install the drbd8-utils package and it gave me the same error message. Do I have to download the deb-src package for drbd8 and install it manually? I'm confused.

JoelC

As a note to others, you can force DRBD8 to install by typing

Code:
dpkg --force-overwrite -i [I]/var/cache/apt/archives/drbd8-utils_2%3a8.3.7-2.1_amd64.deb[/I]

and replace /var/cache/apt/archives/drbd8-utils_2%3a8.3.7-2.1_amd64.deb with the path to your drbd8-utils .deb file.

Just installed RC1 and I am receiving:

Starting DRBD resources:DRBD module version: 8.3.10
userland version: 8.3.7
you should upgrade your drbd tools!

When will 8.3.10 userland be included?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!