drbd inconsistancy issues

Quej

Nov 20, 2015
Hello,

I'm using drbd9 on a 3 nodes proxmox4 cluster and wanted to change one of my disks.
I've detached ressources on the old disk then remove the node, changed the disk, add the node and reassign resources.

I have two issue, the first one is that i have no space left on on the other nodes (p2 and p4) but space left on the new one (p1):
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name | Pool Size | Pool Free | Site | | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| p1 | 3379200 | 3364669 | N/A | | ok |
| p2 | 3379200 | 0 | N/A | | ok |
| p4 | 3379200 | 0 | N/A | | ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

The second issue is that the main ressource is inconsistent (i suppose this is normal since i've changed a disk) and the synchronisation seems stucks:
vm-104-disk-1 role:Secondary
disk:Inconsistent
read:0 written:3712952
p2 role: Primary
replication: PausedSyncT peer-disk:UpToDate done:0.07
received:3568036 sent:0 out-of-sync:3143575972
p4 role:Secondary
replication:SyncTarget peer-disk:UpToDate done:0.07
received:144916 sent:0 out-of-sync:3143562124

Thanks for your help

I'm using drbd9 on a 3 nodes proxmox4 cluster and wanted to change one of my disks.
I've detached ressources on the old disk then remove the node, changed the disk, add the node and reassign resources.

I have two issue, the first one is that i have no space left on on the other nodes (p2 and p4) but space left on the new one (p1):
| Name | Pool Size | Pool Free | Site | | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| p1 | 3379200 | 3364669 | N/A | | ok |
| p2 | 3379200 | 0 | N/A | | ok |
| p4 | 3379200 | 0 | N/A | | ok |

DRBD9 has still problems - use it only for tests and experiments!

Thanks you for the advice.

Is it possible to use drbd8 for production and drbd9 for testing simultaneously?

I haven't see a release schedule of drbd9, is a stable release planned soon?

Hi, i'm running drbd9 in testing as well, it looks very promising.. don't know the solution to your issue, but generally, try #drbd irc channel on freenode, and the documentation at http://drbd.linbit.com/users-guide-9.0/

in your case first, do:

# drbdadm adjust all

on all nodes, and read specifically:
http://drbd.linbit.com/users-guide-9.0/s-dm-rebalance.html
So far i've been able to move around resources between nodes with the commands:

drbdmanage assign <resource> <new-node>
drbdmanage unassign <resource> <new-node>
drbdadm adjust all

( i think the second <new-node> should be old node)

but again i'm just testing, i have no idea if it's the correct way.. don't do anything without backup

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!